Saturday 16 June 2012

Day 21 - hang on, what happened to day 20?

Good question.


It went by in a bit of a footy-induced fog, to be honest.  And all after I'd left work early, too.  I thought I'd have loads of time for, well, anything really.  As it was I watched footy all evening after I'd got home, and then felt a bit drained after the Sweden vs. England game.


It's hard to know what to say about England.  There's always loads of hype and hope, which they tend to dash in painful ways.  This time, for Euro 2012, I had no expectations whatsoever.   And that was great.  And then they went and did pretty well against France, who I thought might actually go on and win this thing, and stupidly I raised my hopes.


It seemed that this was justified, when England controlled the first half against Sweden.  Typically, though, it all went terribly, terribly wrong in the space of ten minutes.  But, miraculously, they actually fought back for an exciting win!


Still, my expectations have once again been tempered by the realisation that England's team is, after all, pretty average.  I'll just allow myself to get back to the business of enjoying the tournament, and anything else would be a bonus.


Juliet always knew that forming cheerleader pyramids would come in handy one day.


After that, I played a little bit of Lollipop Chainsaw, the new game from Suda 51.  I love Suda's games, they're totally bonkers and usually fun to play.  Lollipop Chainsaw puts you in the trainers of an American cheerleader on her 18th birthday.  Unfortunately, before she's even had a chance to have her party, the zombie apocalypse takes hold.  How inconsiderate!


I've only played the first level, but it's pretty much what I expected, which is good from my point of view.  I don't think it's going to live up to the brilliance of Shadows of the Damned, Suda's previous game, but I'm 100% certain that I'm going to have a good time with it, which is what gaming should be about, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment