Tuesday 29 May 2012

Day 3 - Diary of a madman

I've had a number of comments since I announced this thing on Sunday... all positive, although some question my sanity at taking on such a massive project.  I can see where people are coming from with that... the chances of failure must be reasonably high, after all.

Still, it's great to know that I appear to have the support of the retro community thus far.  It would be nice to have more Twitter followers and have the word spread farther afield, but I'm sure that will come in time.

One thing I'd like to talk about briefly is my intention with this blog.  When I was a teenager, one of my favourite things to read was the Diary of a Game in ZZAP! 64.  Even though it was only published monthly, the continuing trials and tribulations of the mega-programmers that were featured was fascinating reading.  So I decided that I'd like to do a diary of this project.

That means I'll post some kind of update pretty much every day.  Everyone will know that I'm still around and still working on this thing.  The problem is that it could get a bit boring.  So, my question is this: what would you like me to write about in my blog updates?  What do you not want to read about?  These updates won't often be massive, just a little progress report of sorts, but I think it's important to keep the momentum going and let everyone know this is a going concern.

I've got seven days off work, as of now.  Family commitments aside, I'm hoping I can put a decent amount of time into this.  I should get a few pages down, get some screenshots taken, and work a bit more on my plan.  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment